Saturday, July 25, 2009

Bella's Visit to the Panelbeater

Hi everyone,

As you all probably know, Bella paid the panelbeater a little visit for some surgery to her right knee last Wednesday.

She is doing great and is already climbing the stairs to our apartment without the help of her crutches - although it takes her almost 10 minutes and still involves some pain:)

Here are a few photos for those who might be curious about how a tear in the medial meniscus actually looks. I can't say that I have a clue what's going on in these shots, but I'm happy if you can and hope you enjoy them.

Before:














After:

















The surgery went smooth and the doctor promised a full recovery and a brand-new knee (yesss!!! we will soon be able to go hike the half-dome trial in Yosemite!)

According to the recovery nurse, Bella put up quite a fight when she came to after the anesthesia wore of...now they know what I have to contend with when Bella sometimes have nightmares:)

Thank you for all your encouraging emails and phone calls. What would we do without you?

By the way, I am writing my Greek placement exam this coming Monday (27 July) to try and test out of Greek I to save some money. My classes start on Tuesday. Study time! Finally!

Adios till next time. Don't forget to write us...it is easier than ever with the Stoffies Mailbox.

Cheers,
Jac & Bella

No comments: