Friday, February 26, 2010

A roaring 28th birthday party!!!


Hip hip hoeray,

Thank you so much for all of you who sent me text messages, e-mails, Facebook posts, birthday cards and telephone calls on my birthday. It meant a great deal to me and it is humbling to have so many people who care about us:) Please forgive me for not replying to all of you.

I had roaring birthday party! Bella and Genevieve organized an awesome surprise party for me. I expected a peaceful barbeque with a few close friends and got a roaring crowd of almost 30:) I almost wet my pants when I came around the corner with my BBQ tools to be bombarded with cheers and confetti.

I had a wonderful time with lekker South African style braavleis (BBQ), upbeat conversations, time in the jacuzzi and a couple of jolly souls around the fire pit with cigars and good Scotch.

My birthday cake (with the compliments of Genevieve Stember) resembled a huge Stofberg-style steak (Silly Jac thought it was the African continent!).

Time is flying. Before you know it I'll be thirty:)

Cheerz,
Jac en Bella

No comments: